2 ways to 'thicken' your hair strands

 Please do not copy without permission.
written by Glorious Angel for  http://beautybookworm.blogspot.com

Below are some tips on how to thicken your hair strands temporarily.This is not about the density of the hair but the thickness of the hair strands.You can't alter the thickness of your strands but you can definitely plumb it up with some techniques like the ones i listed below.By the way welcome to my first follower :)

1. Coat it - Some products coat the hair strands making it appear thicker. One of them is henna, adds luster and coats the hair strands. If you don't like the reddish colour it leaves behind try neutral henna that also has conditioning effect.

2. Protein and polymers - Protein helps temporarily fill in chipped pieces of the hair shaft causing the hair strands to become thicker. Such proteins is keratin, silk protein, e.t.c.

A trick you can try is adding oat flour (preferably colloidal) to your conditioner. It creates a film on the hair shaft with lipids that help thicken hair.

Another trick is adding gelatin powder to your shampoo or conditioner to fill in the hair strand due to the protein it contains.

Also any form of protein like oat protein, keratin, elastin, collagen and silk amino acid (and not only) help to plump the hair strands and add strength to it. Polymers in hair products help provide structure to the hair. Using products with vitamin B5 also might be helpful since it's said to be a thickening agent.


Have any special trick to share? Questions? Comment :)

Share:

2 comments

  1. Emily from Yahoo AnswersApril 28, 2012 at 12:25 PM

    Hey, I'm Emily the girl who hates her life, I can't reply on Yahoo, dk how. Thanks for that, I don't know if it will help because the teachers hate me for no reason, my homework always looks better than everyone else's, I put my hand up (people laugh at me) but hearing your reply just made me feel better;)Xx Thank you so much, I don't know if anything will improve, but I will try putting Vaseline on my eyebrow. Thanks again, I'm not sure about jogging, people laugh at me because I'm rubbish at sports and stuff, your blog is amazing by the way xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.Sometimes we have to allow people to laugh at us, as we improve (a hard part of life).I felt the same way when jogging but i realize almost nobody cared of how i run.Just take your mp3 and run.And you never know if something works till you try it :)

      Delete