Study tips galore - pt.1 Avoiding Distractions, Internet and more


Please do not copy or re-post without permission.
written by Glorious Angel for http://beautybookworm.blogspot.com



Studies have begin from some or are about to begin for others. Exams here there and so many stuff to do.
Some major things students fight with is procrastination, lack of motivation, lack of concentration
and the list can go down to the floor... if i just had a papyrus to write them, ha! Let me give you my dose of tips guys....

Today i'll give you a tip to help you with concentration or maybe list of tricks. More of a list...
1. Find a place to study with minimal or no noise. I say minimal because not everyone likes
studying in a quite place.

2. Study when awake and eat lightly. This helps if you  get sleepy like me, I can even fall asleep on the library if I really feel bored of studying so studying few minutes after waking up is good in such case.

3. Find the time of the day that studying doesn't look that 'bad'. There are times in the day you want to invest on other activities that you like while times when you don't mind studying or feel more energetic . Those energetic moments is what you should use to study because you will always get the energy to do whatever your hobby  is (except if you are so tired) if you really like it more than studying.

4Now you are on the desk about to begin studying .I hope you got all your utensils with you so you won't use them as an excuse to get off that desk. Also something to drink like water.

---> CONCENTRATION TIP: 
What happens to me usually is. As I start studying various of thoughts pop my mind I even get eureka moments, experiments I want to try, problems I want to solve that call me to get off that desk and put them into action. But that is just plain ways my brain uses to sabotage me from studying since studies aren't that pleasurable especially when it's a tough course!

What do you have to do? What am I doing about that?

What we have to do is get those thoughts out of our minds and place them elsewhere for future reference if needed or just to get clear of it.

How do I do that?

A trick is get a paper, a journal et cetera and get those thought OUT of your mind and ON a paper. So write every tiny though that pops in your mind with moderation. You might also fall off the road and end up writing and essay of thoughts instead (if you find it more pleasurable)  and we don't want that so we do so when we have extraneous non relevant thoughts only that insist to take away your concentration, okay?  :)

5. Get away sources of distraction.

Mobile/Cell phones
Getting lots of calls, notification and so forth on your phone? Make sure you get done with the 'important' calls or messages before studying and then ---> OFF IT!

Music?
If it doesn't bother you, you can have it behind on low voice. If I want to hear music I prefer to hear instrumentals since it has no lyrics. My smarty brain though starts making up lyrics for them if it doesn't want to study so that means---> OFF IT?

The same thing goes for gadgets that don't help.

PC/Laptop/Internet/Mails
Okay I won't talk about TV since you probably have it off already but what about the mobile internet or the PC internet?---> OFF IT! Turn off the WiFi if possible!

Okay Glorious Angel i'm studying a computer course but still need a  PC so what can i do?

Then the solution for you is to block your most visited  favourite websites ex. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, y!a, Quora, Blah Therapy et cetera (especially the ones that involve chatting)  for the amount of time you are about to study and only allow the ones you use for school.

How can you do so?
One of the ways to do so is using browser add-ons like leech block.That block your selected sites from you accessing them for a certain amount of time. Leechblock works on Firefox browser. I have multiple browsers I might use so in case I use chrome that won't work so i'll list other options. Anyway for Mac you can use a freeware called SelfControl. For chrome you can use the add on StayFocused. For any other browser you can use the site KeepMeOut.

6.The CLOCK
If time is your friend and helps you organize your study time then continue using it.
If time is your distraction, enemy and anxiety pill stop looking at the clock instead plan on the length of material you want to cover for that study section and not time. Make your goals realistic and study actively to achieve it. That is a goldmine!


7. In the long run you always have to have WILL to study. Even if it's a tiny weeny one, use it; take the  first step to the journey. If you are really tired, stop and have a break

I wish you fellows the best!


Okay guys that's it.
Did my tips help you? Then please leave a comment, i'll be glad to know!
Also share your own.

Also don't forget to follow the blog with the Google friend connect box up there on the right.
Bingo :)

Share:

0 comments