Dry hair and shampooing - A question


Hello readers today we have a question on shampooing, dry hair and more that you too may find helpful.

Q: 
Hi :)I visited ur blog today For the first time and liked some of the articles.Could u please help me with my problem?I am a male(with normal male hair size) and I shampoo like once every 3-4 days. I have a normal habit of putting some water to comb my hair. So, after shampooing, if I apply some water to comb it, it becomes really rough and my hair breaks. Also, I just hate shampooing my hair as my hair gets kinda dry. Ofcourse, I cant stop shampooing my hair as its unhygenic. What should I do about it?-Akash 





A: 

Hi Akash.
It’s nice to know you liked some of the articles.
Thanks for commenting. Yes, I’ll do my best to help. There are some things in your Regime that need tweeking. Hence the dry, rough, breaking hair. First of all let me tell
You why your hair breaks.

1. The reason can be found in this statement of your.
“I have a normal habit of putting some water to comb my hair. So, after shampooing, if I apply some water to comb it, it becomes really rough and my hair breaks.”

Shampooing often dries out the hair as you know. When combing shampooed hair  it would be rough especially if you have naturally dry hair because the hair gets drier.  Many shampoos lift the hair scales which lead to the hair feeling rough. This also has to do with the ph of the shampoo.  To combat that, things like a conditioner can be used to soften the hair. You can dilute a conditioner with water and spray it on your hair to help make combing more gently and reduce tangles. 

2. Since you have dry hair i suggest you incorporate co-washing or co-rinsing into your regime. That would help you reduce the usage of the shampoo. Perhaps switching to a shampoo for dry hair, a gentle shampoo or a moisturizing Sulfate free one could also help. Also the day you decide to use a shampoo to cut down the drying effects of it you can pre-poo. These articles below would further help you understand co-washing, pre-pooing and co-rinsing so read them all.

a) How to co-wash and what is Co-washing?
b) Co-rinsing VS Co-washing.
c) Pre-poo? What is prepooing and how to prepoo your hair.

I hope those tips solve the problem. Let me know how they work for you! :)

-Glorious Angel

Please do not copy or re-post without permission.
written by Glorious Angel for http://beautybookworm.blogspot.com





Share:

5 comments

  1. Thanks,I would definitely try those out and let u know if they worked.:)
    -Akash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Informative post on dry hairs..These tips are very useful. I will surely follow these tips. Thanks for sharing with site visitors..
    Salon in Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Let me know how they work for you too.

      Delete
  3. Thanks, they worked so well on me :)
    Also,one of my friends told me to shampoo with cold water rather than hot,which too helped.
    Thank you so much glorious angel.
    -akash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad they worked well for you. God bless you for dropping a note. You are welcome :)

      Delete